On our first day in Sydney we were driving down the road and saw an LDS church. A few minutes later we saw two sister missionaries walking down the road. They looked so happy and even had a hop in the skip. Of course I got teary. Well the next day we were driving in a different area and looked over and saw a beautiful building and said,"That looks like an LDS church." It was and right next to it was the TEMPLE!! Yay!! Jared and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes and had to pull over and get out. I was so emotional wallking around the temple grounds. I get pretty emotional over a lot of things...period, like watching someone win the showcase showdown on the Price is Right...maybe I shouldn't admit that :).Anyway.... it was for one so amazing to be standing near the Sydney, Australia temple and also because it was so comforting to see something so familar somewhere that is so unfamiliar to us right now. After I got a grip :) we took some pictures and talked with a sweet old lady that was sitting on a bench outside. She told us about an experience she had had in Utah years ago when she got to practice with the tabernacle choir. Pretty cool. It will be nice to go to church on Sunday and meet the ward and feel even more connected. Alivia took the pic...pretty good huh?
Saturday, January 10, 2009
a few tears were shed!
On our first day in Sydney we were driving down the road and saw an LDS church. A few minutes later we saw two sister missionaries walking down the road. They looked so happy and even had a hop in the skip. Of course I got teary. Well the next day we were driving in a different area and looked over and saw a beautiful building and said,"That looks like an LDS church." It was and right next to it was the TEMPLE!! Yay!! Jared and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes and had to pull over and get out. I was so emotional wallking around the temple grounds. I get pretty emotional over a lot of things...period, like watching someone win the showcase showdown on the Price is Right...maybe I shouldn't admit that :).Anyway.... it was for one so amazing to be standing near the Sydney, Australia temple and also because it was so comforting to see something so familar somewhere that is so unfamiliar to us right now. After I got a grip :) we took some pictures and talked with a sweet old lady that was sitting on a bench outside. She told us about an experience she had had in Utah years ago when she got to practice with the tabernacle choir. Pretty cool. It will be nice to go to church on Sunday and meet the ward and feel even more connected. Alivia took the pic...pretty good huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hey Julie, I found your blog!! Now I'm informed on how things are going. I'll look forward to reading more. Thinking of you guys!
I'm glad you found the temple. I know how much you love it there. I remember when you, Jared, and I went in Boise - I think you said your stake pres asked you to go once a week or something. Love you.
Oh...I was feeding the fish and read the food container - it said to feed them twice a day 4-6 pellets. Should I still just give them three?
Wow isn't it so wonderful that the church can fill needs wherever in the world you are. The Beach looks divine as we are covered in snow. You look as if you are adapting to your new surroundings very well.
There is no shame in being emotional. It means you are tender and I know that you are as sweet and tender as they come.
Love Pam Lee
I am sure that felt wonderful. It's amazing that Heavenly Father knows just what we need when we need it.
Your Caldwell ward misses you and is thinking of you!
Oh Julie,...you are so cute! That feeling you've been experiencing is all too familiar to me. I know what it's like to live far away and see something that helps you to feel at home. Treasure these experiences sis. You're kids are going to look back on these days and LOVE THEM! The pics of Cronulla Beach made me miss the beach so much! What wonderful experiences you are having! Love ya!
So I looked at the picture close up (good job, Alivia!), and I can't tell you were crying at all! Congrats!
Really, I'm sure it's hard being so far from home and in a strange place. We are praying for you. But if anyone can do it, you and Jared are the ones! Keep us posted.
I am excited to hear how your ward is! Doesn't the church make being in a new lace 10 million times easier??? It is like having a built in friend:)
This is just to respond about what you said on mine--it's funny how things are! I looked at your kids, so cute and having so much fun on the beach, and had one of my "What am I doing wrong?" moments. It takes half the day to get Campbelle into clothes and out the door! She does not usually even love the beach because the sand is dirty!:) I loved reading about what you are doing. I miss you! Thanks for your help on blogging--I wish I could hire you for a couple more private sessions--so many questions!
What a wonderful adventure for your cute family! Best of luck on an awesome new chapter in your life...
Post a Comment