One of the first things the kids wanted to do when we got here was see kangaroos and koalas. There was a Koala park near where we were staying so we decided to check it out. We saw a kangaroo walking on the path and I hurried to get some pictures. Well little did we know that around the corner you could go into a gate and be surrounded by kangaroos. There were at least 25 in there and they were so calm and gentle. They stood there by you and let you pet them. It was so neat to watch them jump away. Lucy was squealing like crazy. Alivia was talking to one of them telling him that he had brown eyes like her. We also got to see wombats and wallabies. Later on they had a koala out that you could pet. We learned that most people call them Koala bears (us included) but that they are actually not bears at all, just koalas. They also are not so friendly out in the wild. They have huge claws that could really hurt you. Interesting. It was a lot of fun. We had packed a picnic. It was so hot, I mean so hot and humid that we ran though the sprinklers that they had on in the park. So now we feel like true Aussies because we have met kangaroos, koalas ans wombats.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
wombats, kangaroos, koalas...oh my!
One of the first things the kids wanted to do when we got here was see kangaroos and koalas. There was a Koala park near where we were staying so we decided to check it out. We saw a kangaroo walking on the path and I hurried to get some pictures. Well little did we know that around the corner you could go into a gate and be surrounded by kangaroos. There were at least 25 in there and they were so calm and gentle. They stood there by you and let you pet them. It was so neat to watch them jump away. Lucy was squealing like crazy. Alivia was talking to one of them telling him that he had brown eyes like her. We also got to see wombats and wallabies. Later on they had a koala out that you could pet. We learned that most people call them Koala bears (us included) but that they are actually not bears at all, just koalas. They also are not so friendly out in the wild. They have huge claws that could really hurt you. Interesting. It was a lot of fun. We had packed a picnic. It was so hot, I mean so hot and humid that we ran though the sprinklers that they had on in the park. So now we feel like true Aussies because we have met kangaroos, koalas ans wombats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my gosh! My little one would flip out to see a koala! (so would I!) How fun!
I love the pictures. I miss you guys so much. Curtis and I are planning on November but when I talked to dad it sounded like Beth wants to go sometime.
So much fun! However I would appreciate it if you didnt rub in how hot it is there while we are freezing!!!!!!!:)
So fun!!! I bet the kids just loved it.
YEA! I love these pictures! Sounds like fun!!
I've been wondering how you were dealing with the heat and humidity. Don't worry,...you'll get used to it and it won't bug you so much. It's amazing how our bodies acclimate so quickly. I hated humidity at first but now I can say that I really do love it! =0) I've always wanted to see a live Koala! You're so lucky!
Post a Comment