The day arrived...I am 30!! I hit the milestone! I had a great weekend! It was fun to celebrate my birthday in Australia and then a day later in the US. On Friday night we went to some friends house for dinner and on the way home I saw a sign for a neighborhood yard sale. I hadn't been to a yard sale here, so Jared could see the yearning in my eyes. He turned to me and said, "You totally want to go to Yard Sales for my birthday." Of course I said, YES! So the next morning I went to the yard sales and wandered around, found a few treasures. Then I went to a HUGE markets and walked around for a little bit. It was nice to be alone to take my time.
I came home to some excited kids and we had breakfast together. SCONES, JAM & WHIPPING CREAM! I am so in love with them. They are totally naughty but I frankly don't care. Later that day the Elders came over to prune our trees for us and they surprised me with a yummy chocolate cake. It was so good!
3 comments:
Yea Julie! You're the big 3-0! Sounds like you had a fun, fun, fun B-day weekend! I love the pics of some of the cakes your mom made- impressive!!! :)
Happy Birthday Julie! Until this post I think I forgot that we were both March babies! I'm so glad you had such a fun day. The cakes your mom has made you over the years are incredible! Man,...I wish I had her talent!
I remember those cakes...loved them!
Post a Comment