Sunday, March 15, 2009

sogni d'oro


Yes, that is my daughter playing in the gutter in her diaper......it was hot outside :)




Today was one of those days when I felt like I had a lot on my mind. I just went upstairs to do my regular check on the kids to make sure they are asleep and that their blankets hadn't been kicked off, or that they weren't dangling off their beds (mainly Rex, he tends to wiggle more and usually has a leg hanging off the bed). As I walked into their rooms I stood there for minute and just looked at them. This post is probably once again one just for me, but I want to be able to look back one day and read this and remember. Rex sleeps with his mouth wide open. He sleeps in his underwear when it's colder and always wants to put the long sleeve and long pants jammies on when it's hot. I tell him that he is going to get hot and want them off but he assures me that he won't.......20 minutes later he is in his underwear again. Funny kid!! Lucy like to spread out. I often find her with both legs & arms spread out on either side. She is usually turned backwards so that her feet are on her pillow. Sometimes she talks in her sleep and it usually consists of words like "no" and "don't" and "stop". It makes me laugh. Alivia...I usually go into her room to find about 20 barbies spread across her bed along with a bunch of other toys and papers and whatever else she was playing with before she finally fell asleep. I usually gather them all up and put them away. I can never tell where her face is because her hair is always in her face and I can't tell if it's the back of her head or her face. There is just something about walking into their rooms and kissing their little cheeks while they are asleep. I try not to dwell on the fact that time seems to be going by way too fast. It is hard not to want them to stay little and exactly the way they are. I can't imagine my life without these 3 little cuties. They teach me so much and are always there to tell me that they love me...even after I have to get after them for being stinkers. I am grateful for them and grateful that I get to have this experience in my life right now, even on the days when I feel like the world's worst mommy (I am sure we all have those days...well at least I hope so). There is nothing else that I would rather be doing.

4 comments:

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

Julie that was so beautifully said and sooo sooo tender and sweet.
Pam

Katrina said...

ahh, yes we all have those days as mommies. Today was a wonderful example of one of those days. It is so sweet though to see them when they are sleeping and still and so peaceful. I, too am enjoying those days. you are right it goes way too fast.

Emily said...

I love that Lucy is in a diaper! Totally reminds me of hot days on Saba. Hannah ran around in a diaper all the time.

Jen said...

For some reason, I can't seem to imagine you having a "bad mommy" day. Your kids are going to grow up and know they were raised by an angel.