Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Living in the Moment

On the first Sunday of the new year we had a great lesson at church on the topic of "Enjoying the Journey" & "Living in the moment". I have been thinking a lot about living in the moment this past year. Although we may not always know what the future has in store for each of us, it can also be kind of exciting.

During our lesson we discussed change. I will admit, I am not a super fan of change and times. I struggle with it at times, but I have found that pretty much every change that has happened in my life had been for the good and had made me a better, stronger person. The moments when I know change is about to happen and I think to myself, Ahh, nope I don't think I can do it and then change happens and you look back and think...hmm, maybe I can do harder things than I thought. That is a good feeling, eh? I love this little quote by President Monson.

"Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes."

Change is good! Although it would be nice if my kids would not grow up so fast. :)

I think a big part of being able to live in the moment is being content and happy with life and being grateful. So as this new year has started, I have been trying to focus on enjoying day to day things that happen in my life. I am amazed each year just how fast the years go by. So some of my personal goals for 2010 is to ENJOY, STRESS LESS, SIMPLIFY, and I really want to learn how to sew. I mean I know the basics that I learned in high school and 4H when I was little, but I have so many ideas in my head and I want to be able to make them happen. So 2010 ...let's do this!

1 comment:

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

such good advice Julie and lots to think about.. Now that I am retiring in Feb I think I will have alot more of that in my life thanks for your thoughts