Tuesday, March 9, 2010

one year older...& hopefully wiser too..

This past weekend I celebrated #31. I am always amazed how fast another year sneaks up on me. 31...really?! I still feel like it was yesterday that I was 21. I guess time just keeps marching on.... I had a great weekend. Since my bday fell on a Sunday this year, Jared took me out on Saturday night. Have I mentioned lately how much I love going out with Jared?! I do!! We went to a new Mexican joint that just opened up. We are always on the hunt for good Mexican food...it is pretty rare here in OZ.
We thought about going to a movie but we ended up just spending a good chunk of time eating, laughing and talking. My shredded pork burrito was pretty tasty, no Cafe Rio, but still scrumptious. We rented a movie and got some dessert to go.
And this is for all of you who have been requesting some more baby bump pics.....here you have it...my bump at approximately 30 weeks & 5 days or in other words or simpler terms...7 months. 8 more weeks baby!! :)
On Sunday Jared had meetings in the morning so he and the kids made an awesome dinner and cake. Here are the kidlets making the delicious and delectable chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting...ummm...yum!!
Of course I was spoiled with love and gifts...oh, and I can't forget the 2 naps i was able to take. Some of my absolute favs are the letters, songs, poems and cards the kids made. Alivia wrote and performed a song she wrote for me....yeah, my heart was a meltin'. Rex knows I love BYU sports so he made me a BYU card...tender. Lucy made her own creations which made me want to cuddle her to death.
nice job on the cake guys!
ok, so this was beyond tender...Jared took the kids to this store here called The Reject Shop. I love it. It is just a cheap store and you can find tons of things. He let them loose to find little gifts for me. I loved seeing what they came up with. I hit the jackpot...it was so cute! They were so excited to give me my presents, they were by my bed at 7am ready to burst. Part of Rex's gift was a candy necklace that went all the way down to my belly. He really wanted me to wear it to church but I convinced him that it was too special and that all the Primary kids might want to eat it. :) Gifts & time with the fam...doesn't get much better.

5 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Happy B-day Jewels! I'll be celebrating mine this weekend too and would have to agree that time sneaks up on us all to fast! I miss you and wish you were here so I could take you out to lunch too. That Jared - he's such a great guy! I laughed so hard that Rex wanted you to wear that candy necklace. I could totally see you telling them how special it is that you shouldn't wear it to church! Sure love ya and hope you're feeling well.

P.S. I have something to tell you....(smile)....

Susanna said...

Happy Happy Birthday friend! It sounds like it was special. I hope so. But then again, you have a way of making everything fun!!

You are looking adorable. Here's to just a few more weeks, right?

Spencer Morse said...

Julie~remember your b-day in 4th grade with alllllllll the girls in the whole grade and we slept in your basement? Happy Birthday! Love, Lisa

Emily said...

I am glad you got spoiled so well!!! Happy Birthday!

Mom Schill said...

Lisa, I really remember Julie's 4th grade birthday party. Jenny White was the last to finally go to sleep and it was 4AM! What was I thinking to let Julie invite so many girls for a sleep over. It makes for great memories so one sleepless night is worth it.

Julie, it was fun to read about your birthday celebration. I love you.