Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I love what comes out of their mouths.

The kids keep me laughing daily with the funny things they say. I always try to write them down when they say them otherwise I will forget. Here are a few gems that have come out of their mouths lately.

*We had our ward talent night a week or so ago and a few days before the event Alivia came up to me and said..."Mom, I have a brilliant idea! You could do cool tricks with your belly and make the baby move for the talent show." Awesome idea, Liv, but I may scare a few folks. :)

*Rex is lovin the word "heaps" he uses it quite often and I must say it sounds pretty cute coming out of his mouth.

*The kids and I were watching Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" music video on Disney Channel and Rex asked where she was from and Alivia said, "KFC" and we all busted up laughing. What she meant to say and later corrected herself was...Tennessee. It was pretty funny!

*I will admit that sometimes I go a little overboard with talking to my kids about stranger danger, but I am ok with it because I really want it to sink in. Well, the other day I was telling Jared that I had a Dr. appointment and Lucy came running over and told me that I couldn't go to the Dr. by myself because it was danger for me...there are strangers there. At least I feel like she is listening to me. :)

*We went out to a movie with some friends and we husbands got some popcorn but they got the massive one that could feed everyone in the theater, so at the end of the movie I had half a bucket left. I usually take it home because I know the kids will like it as a snack the next day. Alivia saw it on the counter in the morning and she asked me if anyone else brought their popcorn home. When I told her no, she said, "I am pretty sure it is just your style mom. I know your style...you bring home leftover stuff." hahaha...it's totally true! I don't like to see things wasted. I get it from my mom.

*Lately Lucy has been saying that her "throw-up"hurts. We tried to figure out what she meant. At first I kept hunting around the house for throw-up on the ground. I couldn't figure it out. Finally one day I asked her more about this throw-up that hurt. She pointed to her neck. She calls her throat her throw-up.

*Lucy says oopsbies instead of oopsie. It is darling.

*For the past week Rex has been a tad bit emotional when it's bedtime. He has had a lot of anxiety suddenly about being a dad. He was in tears worried about having to drive and get places and using money. He said he didn't know what kind of money there was. He said,"I know there is a $5 and a $10 but I don't know the rest." It was kinda heartbreaking, yet really tender at the same time. We keep reassuring him that he is only 5 and that he doesn't need to worry about being a dad right now...he will learn. He is such a tender, sensitive little boy.

*I had an ultrasound last week and I was showing the kids the pictures and Alivia said to me, really sweetly, "mom, those pictures are beautiful. I like your belly with a baby in it." She is a sweetie.

2 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Oh, so sweet! That is really cute. Like Rex I remember being a kid and worrying endlessly about those details. I can remember lying awake at night as a kid wondering how I was going to apply for college. Or how mortified I would be to bring my fiancee home to 'meet the family'. I was like 7! Too funny, that is really sweet.

Saw your call tonite but forgot to listen to my msgs and now who knows where the phone is at... But with Ben and Jared both out of town any time is good right? Let's make it happen tomorrow or this weekend!

Spencer Morse said...

so sweet! It conjured up some things my girls have said that I will write down. Cute!