Friday, June 4, 2010

pink toothbrush

Last night Lucy was having an emotional breakdown over her toothbrush.  She used to have a cute pink battery powered toothbrush but she liked to use it to clean the floor, brush her barbies hair and who knows what else.  So I decided it was time for a new toothbrush [I know, call me crazy].  Well, I guess the new toothbrush wasn't as wonderful as her old one and she was longing for her old toothbrush.

She was sobbing and sobbing HUGE croc tears in her bed and desperately saying,"I love my pink toothbrush, I want my pink toothbrush".  Over and over again.  Mind you her new toothbrush is pink, but not THE pink one.

So after a few minutes of feeling like maybe I should have let her get some nasty disease from her old toothbrush instead of throwing it away (jk) :), I went into her room with someone I knew would cheer her up.  Her baby "Jackie".  Her swollen red eyes beamed and she snuggled him for a few minutes.  Jack started falling asleep and Lucy just thought that was the coolest thing ever.

So, with Jack and Dora surrounding her, she felt like she could get through the loss of her old pink toothbrush.  We will see how she feels tonight, she may just revisit the whole incident again. :)

2 comments:

Ashley Schill said...

that is such a cute/hilarious/tender story! It's so funny how kids get attached to the strangest things! Sounds like Jack is getting lots of lovin' from his older siblings!

Mom Schill said...

I'm glad you record these experiences. I miss my Finch grandchildren!