Friday, August 13, 2010

mohawk & glasses

Haircut night comes around every couple of weeks.  Rex wanted me to give him a mohawk.  I used a ton of hair wax to make it stand...you can see just how much
i used, his hair is white and shiny.
he was feeling pretty hard core...
and then big mohawk had to be trimmed down to a little mohawk...bummer eh?!

Some other news in Rex's life, besides his 10 minute mohawk, is that he got some new spectacles.  He had been complaining that his eyes hurt and whenever we would sit down to practice words and letters he would sometimes sit and stare at the paper.  I thought maybe he was daydreaming...turns out he couldn't see the words.  I took him in for an eye exam and they told me he needed glasses for reading and anything up close.  He picked a blue pair because they match his blue school uniform.  He looks adorable in them.
One extra picture....the other day our power went out and was out for about 7 hours.  I love Australia, but no kidding...it takes 15 years to get anything fixed.  Anyway, at about 6pm it was getting dark and there was still no sign of the electrician.  I suddenly remembered that the missionaries were coming to dinner in 30 minutes.  With no power, I resorted to ordering pizza and we had a nice casual dinner and message by candlelight. The power came back on a few hrs. later and we were grateful to have light again.  The kids thought it was fun to be "piney ears"  haha, pioneers and wanted to do it again last night.  :)

2 comments:

C Stevens said...

He is so handsome with those glasses..Like Clark Kent.

Mrs. Wright said...

He looks so sophisticated with those glasses on! Thanks so much for all the sweet uplifting comments you leave on our blog. It means the world!