I found this bench a month or so ago in a pile of garbage in front of a house. There were actually about 4 or 5 of the same bench. I could only stuff one in my car...and I didn't want to add to many more "garbage finds"to the ones I already have in my garage waiting for a little tender loving care. I sort of wish I would have snagged a few more.
It was pretty beaten up and about to fall apart, but I added a little reinforcement in the way of a bunch of nails and it was sturdy in no time.
I bought some fabric and modge podged it onto the seat part of the bench.
modge podge drying
When it's dry, add a cute little girl and wah lah!
It turned out cute, I love it and it adds a nice place for my kiddos to put their cute behinds when they are putting on their shoes. The best part about it is how much I spent.
bench=free
paint=free
fabric=clearance $2.50
modge podge=$2.50
nails=i have no idea...maybe $.25
Grand Total= $5.25
3 comments:
Come back to Utah so you can help me with things like this! Love it!
Very cute and oh my goodness...Lucy look SO GROWN UP in this picture. Crazy.
Amazing. You have a gift! You are always so crafty, cute, fantastic...you know, wonderful.
Good paint job Lucy. You sure do look pretty.
Post a Comment