Last weekend our church ward had an international night at the church. It was a blast. It was classic. My husband was hilarious. We had a dance and everyone was getting warmed up to the idea of getting out on the dance floor. All the kids had no problem and were out there running around and running a muck. To break the ice Jared went out onto the dance floor and let loose. It was entertaining to say the least but it got us all out on the dance floor. Some of the mom's in the ward are still talking about his dance skills. I was proud! :)
We were supposed to wear a shirt from our home country and normally I would pop on over to the nearest Old Navy store and buy some flag tees but since there is not a Old Navy within 7,000 miles of us (boo hoo), I resorted to making my own. They are not straight or perfect...they are rustic, but my kids proudly wore them and represented the US of A.
We ate yummy food and danced the night away. I thought for sure the next day at church our Bishop wouldn't be able to walk after all the crazy dance moves he busted out that night. We have such a great ward family. By the end of the night the dance floor was packed. Jared even had a dance off with one of the Young Single Adults. The YSA guy danced just like Napoleon Dynamite. I almost peeped my pants watching them dance. Fun times!



3 comments:
those shirts are way better than old navy. so cute!!!!! Lisa
You always look so perfect. Love the shirts too!
So these are the shirts you were sewing when I was talking to you on the phone. You did a great job! My cute Aussie-American grandchildren!
Post a Comment