Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is today Friday? Shouldn't we fry something??

My kids are funny.  Really funny!  I have been writing all of their hilarious quotes on the calendar.  Here they are in random order....

One day I was eating pasta salad with little Lu and she said, "Mom, you are eating someones body."
Me, "huh, how?"
Lucy,"Mom, you've just been pranked!!" 
What the?  Silly girl!
***
Rex "Mom I am so hungry I think I heard my stomach growl Who let the dogs out!"
***
Livi "I want to learn how to knit like all the old granny's on classic TV shows."
Rex "Today is Friday.  Are we supposed to fry something?"
***
Jack was wearing a little basketball uniform and Rex brought him to me smelling like a gallon of cologne.  Rex told me that if Jack is going to be a basketball player than he needs cologne so that the girls will like him."  It's true, cologne seals the deal!  hahaha
***
Lucy "Mom, Dora is annorring (annoying) me."
Me "  Why is she annoying you Lucy?
Lucy "She keeps telling me things I already know.  She always says Hola I'm Dora and this is Boots and I am like, hello I already know you are Dora and your friend is Boots.  You already told me that!!"


Rex was saying our family prayer and he said, "Please bless the people of Japan after the earthquake and salami."  He meant tsunami...it was really sweet and super funny.
***
Lucy likes to swing the fridge door open and say, "Welcome to Lost Vegas"  I have no idea where it came from but I am pretty sure she means Las Vegas instead of Lost Vegas.
***
The kids love the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid except Lucy thinks the movie is called Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid.  hahahahah!!!
***
Livi "I am having a grumpy day you all better step back."  Well OK then! :)
***
Me, "Hey Luce do you know where Jacka Boo is?"
Lucy,(while coloring a picture and not even looking up to answer)"No, he is probably eating a cockroach or something." 
 Awesome!!
***
I asked Liv if there were any cute boys at school and if she liked any of them.  She said,"Umm, NO, they all have nasty runny noses."  Hahaha, maybe the year 3 boys need to invest in some tissues. :)

They all seriously crack me up.  If i don't write the funny/cute things they say then I forget so I have been trying to record them when I hear them.  Kids are the best!


10 comments:

Mom Schill said...

It is great that you are recording all the funny and creative things your children say. I know you and your brothers and sisters said a lot of things that should have been recorded but were not. These sayings are probably still in my mind but I can't retrieve them. This blog will become even more priceless as the years go by.

MELISSA GONZALEZ said...

I think my favorite was the one about the cockroach. :-) It's hard to choose though because they are all so funny! I am looking forward to when Mikey can talk. It's taking a little longer because we are trying to teach him Spanish. For now he just speaks his own baby language.

Ashley Schill said...

HAHAHAH, I love all of them! those kids seriously are a crack up! I think my favorite is that Lucy casually said Jack was maybe eating a cockroach! hilarious!

Lindsay and Mike said...

This post had me laughing out loud! From the mouth of babes!!!

emilydeardeuff said...

All of those were so hilarious! I write all of our funny things in one book so I know if I need a laugh I have one stop to find them instead of searching through my journal.

Jen said...

Funny kid quotes are the best! Thanks for sharing! Ha, ha!

Angie said...

Your kids are darling and have so much personality. I love their quotes. Super cute flag shirts! I love how crafty you are. I want to be neighbors someday! :) I am excited to read President Monson's book as well. I love that man. What a special experience to meet him. I love that you honor Deb every year. Your so great. PLEASE pencil me in for an afternoon or evening while you are visiting this summer. I REALLY want to see you.

xoxoxo
Love ya.
Ang

Amelia Hohl said...

Hey Sorrella, so first of all, I love all your quotes. My kids say hilarious things all day long. Thank heaven for blogs! So are you so excited about the Rome Temple? That was awesome they spoke about the groundbreaking. I hope we can go. We should coordinate if you guys plan on attending the dedication. Anyway, I hope you had a great conference weekend! BTW, we're expecting #4 in October just to let you know! Yea for babies!

Jen said...

That is funny because I was just thinking I need to start recording the funny sayings that go on around here--mostly from Campbelle! Fun to see it runs in the family!!!

The Coombs Family said...

Hey Julie...so this post totally reminded me of when we lived in London and had the funny quote "wall"! Out of respect of that wall we have done the same and it gets pretty hilarious. Fun memories!