So, I pretty much can't handle cockroaches. They are so fast and so sneaky. This one is dead after being sprayed for about 10 minutes with bug killer. I will occasionally find them in our house, which totally grosses me out, but I keep my eyes on them while I tip toe over to get the bug killer spray. The sickest is when I have to go into the garage for something when it's dark. As soon as I flip on the light I see them scatter. It makes me shiver just thinking about it. So, no, I am not used to all the bugs here in Australia yet.
12 comments:
HOLY CRAP!, yeah i feel the same, ugh bugs are not my friends either :)
Oh my! I would be so freaked out! I hope you are doing well! The kids are so cute and it looks like they are enjoying all the fun spots you are exploring! How is Jared's job going?
Creepy! I get chills just hearing you describe them! I saw my first cockroach since being in Texas when we were eating dinner outside the other night. I was like, "what the heck is that?! It's huge!" Jeff had to tell me it was a cockroach and I was so scared to put my feet on the ground afterwards! I guess I'm not that adjusted either!
Yuck, that reminds me of living in Florida. Bug central!!! Glad you are surviving though!!!
I guess all of us creatures have to share the same space but I choose to keep them out of my space as much as possible. I guess you are learning the rules of the bug world in Australia. Yikes!! I think I would never go barefooted.
Love Pam
Eeeek! I cannot handle them either!!! We had them in Las Vegas and they grossed me out!!! If I ever found one, I had Bryson take care of it. Usually, it was at night. Occasionally, I found one during the day, in the kitchen. . . I would put a plastic container over it until Bryson got home.
So, not to freak you out or anything, but I have the most disgusting story about them. . . one time, in the middle of the night, I felt a little tickle down my shirt. . . I brushed at it a few times until I realized that something was down there. Yes, it was a COCKROACH!!!! I jumped out of bed screaming. Bryson jumped out pretty quick, too, although he didn't know why. It scurried across the bed and then got lost on the floor! We searched forever for it, but it had disappeared. It was awhile before I could sleep very well. . .
I don't like bugs. . .
Hmmm...Are bugs seasonal there? That thing is ginormous. Your kids could have the coolest bug collection ever.
Has Beck told you the story about the huge cockroach that she encountered while we were in India? We went over to visit an Indian family and while we were sitting on their couch a cockroach came out of the couch and crawled up her back. She finally felt it as it went over her bare neck. It almost went inside her blouse but luckily she screamed and knocked it off before that happened.
When I was in Mexico city as an exchange student, I remember what a shock it was to turn on my bedroom light and see about a hundred cockroaches running for cover!
Holy Crap! When I lived in Vegas I was getting in bed and one crawled out of my covers! I freaked!
I have never seen an actual cockroach and after seeing this I hope I never do!!!
Yuck! It looks like you've got them big like we did in SC. I hate them!!! (But I do love the background on your blog--you always find the cutest ones first!!)
That is just gross. I HATE those things.
Post a Comment