Monday, July 6, 2009

night at the ball

Our stake has an adult ball every year, and of course this was our first year going. We had a fun time. It brought back some serious stake dance feelings. I should have had Jared tap on my shoulder and ask me to dance, just for kicks!
They had a photographer there and Nat & I were joking about the good old days in high school when you would get in line to get you dance pictures and hope they turned out OK. We took these pics ourselves. I tried to get on the bike as you can see, but it was a little tricky in a straight skirt. We had fun goofing around.


Some friends we had fun dancing the night away with. The Collings, Finches & Rileys.

Jared is so funny at dances. He enjoys embarrassing me with his hilarious moves. He is actually pretty good and a couple people even commented on his dancing skills. We haven't been dancing together for years, so it was fun to get on the dance floor. :) They had a member from the stake who was on So you think you can dance Australia perform which was really good.

We went out for dinner with the Riley's before the dance and Jared ordered kangaroo. I am just not quite ready to try it yet. I know it's all psychological, but I just can't bring myself to eat it.


Classic pics at the house...just like in high school :)!

Home pics courtesy of Alivia Finch

4 comments:

Jamie said...

So totally fun!!! I love the stake dance days! You guys look great! I'm so glad your mom is okay, too.

C Stevens said...

You two are so cute! You are always finding fun things to do together. I love it! (the pics are great!)

Emily said...

Julie you are so beautiful! Love the high school dance action! Alivia is one great photographer!

shells said...

Wow! Little Liv is turing in to quite the photographer!
Happy 4th Finchers!

and feel better Juile! I am sorry you have the flu.