
We went to a market called Parklea by our house and they had baby grilled baby octopus as samples out. Jared popped one in his mouth with out any hesitation. Mom was feeling brave so she tried one too. I feel like I am pretty open about trying new things but I wasn't going to touch one of those with a 10ft. pole. I have had octopus on a pizza before but it wasn't a baby...too rubbery.

Lucy was on the run and wouldn not come back.

So we had to get some help carrying her back in. haha!!

Rex thought it would be fun to stick his entire face, mouth open, into the sand.

Oh how we love the beach!!

The view from Toranga Zoo is the prettiest!

We had a fun time at Toranga Zoo in Sydney. This is a pic of Lucy's face during the seal show. I spent the majority of the time watcing her because she would get so into it and make the funniest noises and facial expressions.

We took an awesome beautiful drive down to Wollongong. The views and the countryside were incredible. I love wide open space. Jared would live out in the country on acres and acres of land in a heartbeat! I would love it to. My only reservations are...let's see...If Jared were out of town I would be freaked out not having a neighbor close by. Umm...and my other reservation is that I don;t want to be too way out there that if I needed help or the kids needed medical help that it wouldn't take 10 years for help to come. I know, I am silly, but those are my thoughts. Other than that...I would love a simple life out in the country with miles to explore.

Liv just looks so grown up in this pic. She is a pretty little girl...and a sweetie too!

Look closely you can see a wild Koala in the tree. Asleep of course since these little furry things sleep 22 hours a day. We stayed at a place that was known for having wild koalas around.

We found a dead crab and Rex was so fascinated with it. You can tell by the expression of his face....the curious wheels were a turnin in that head.

I tried to be graceful and fly through the air...and I did, but when it came time to land...I usually bit the sand..hahaha..I am glad I gave everyone a good laugh though!

Grandpa & Lu

We had WAYYYY to much fun on the sand dunes. Jared was the best at catching air and landing without falling.

We have a collection of shells from all the beaches we have visited here in Australia. I love looking for shells as a kid and now I love looking for shells with my kids. So many cool kinds.

Lucy Jean with her grandma Barbara Jean.

We love going to the beach. This is Stockton Beach. It has sand dunes and a massive sea shell graveyard. We came across this blob of a thing on the sand and tried to poke at it and figure out what it was...still a mystery.

The place we stayed at in Lemon Tree Passage had an awesome pool. It would have been more awesome if it wasn't winter and the water wasn't frigged as can be. The kids insisted on getting in so we let them shiver around in the water for a bit. Lucy enjoyed lounging by the poolside as well. What a life!

We had read about this place in Nelson's Bay called Red Ned's pie shop. They have over 50 different pies. I stuck with the beef pie....I am usually a little iffy when it comes to meat pies..I have a hard time trusting the meat. For all I know it could be dog food..haha, I know it's not, but unfortunately my mind goes wild & then my appetite goes away. They were fresh out of kangaroo pies when we went...shucks!! (not really..haha)

One Mile Beach located north of Sydney. It was beautiful!

We went to a park about 20 minutes from our house that has tons of kangaroos bouncin around.
3 comments:
What a fun packed trip!! My grandparents served a mission in Wollongong! Fun that you got to go there!
thanks Julie for sharing all your great times at different places. I don't know if I will ever get there but you have wet my appetite for Australia. that is where Beth's husband spent his mission ..Sydney
I am so in love with Miss Lucy's sun chair picture.
So fun! I'm so glad your parents were able to come and visit. I bet it was tough to say goodbye.
Post a Comment