I know Tide is not a food item, but I do miss it. Jared's boss is from the US and he recently went to Costco in Melbourne which just opened last month...first one in AU...woohoooo hoo! Anyway, he surprised me with a HUGE thing of Tide for which I was very grateful. The laundry soap here is good, but come on, it's Tide and it had Downey in it!!
None of these items are in order of loves, I just added them as I thought of them. Oh, graham crackers are so lovely. They are good crushed up and made into a crust for a pie or cheesecake...they are good just plain dunked in milk and extra good with frosting on them dunked in milk.
Ok, so I know I am a little psycho when I talk to people about how much I love this place, it is because I really do LOVE this place. JDawgs down on BYU campus. Best hot dogs/polish dogs EVER! When we lived in Idaho and would make trips to Utah (Jared claims I drove down every month...it was more like every 6 weeks....hahaha jk) we would make a couple stops at Jdawgs to get our fix. If you haven't been there yet...GO! Ah, now I really want one! Thanks to our friends Kyle & Amanda for introducing it to us! We are forever grateful! :)
For those of you who know me well, know how much I love Ranch! My brother Ryan used to tease me that if I was ever dying all the Dr. would have to do is hook me up to an IV of Ranch and I would be just fine!! They do have Ranch here, but it doesn't taste like Ranch to me..and I know my Ranch. Thank you to so many of you who have sent packages of Ranch to me. My stash is really good at the moment!
Oh my heavens the other night I wanted Taco Bell like you wouldn't believe! I love that you can order 10 things and it is like $8! Cheesy bean & rice burrito, chulupas, tacos. you name it...it all sounds divine. Too bad the closest one is 7500 miles away unless they have them in Hawaii which I am pretty sure they do then it is only 4000 miles away or something like that. Far!!!
One of my other favs, like top 5 favs, are root beer floats! All frothy and yummy! You can find Root beer at some of the shops that sell international things but one can will run you about $2.89. Yikes! I miss it! It wouldn't even have to be the fancy A&W stuff, I would love the generic kins at Walmart. I grew up on Shasta, love that stuff.
Pretty much my favorite pizza place ever! I miss, miss, miss their pizza. Enough said! Sigh....
I really like sugary cereal, I try not to eat it all the time..now I do because the selection of sugary cereal is pretty slim here. I really love Marshmallow Mateys. They are just plain delish!
This little baby was my occasional treat that I would get when I was out and about by myself shopping or whatever and could eat the whole thing myself. This is another item you can find here but it will cost ya $2.89 as well for one! No 3 for a buck here!
YUM!
Ahh, all I want it a GOOOOOD burger and I would like it to be from this place! :)
Mexican restaurants are hard to find here. I have actually only been to one and it was just alright! I am a Mexican food lover!
We do have McDonald's here, or Mackers and they call it, as well as Burger King, but they call it Hungry Jacks, but unfortunately there is no Wendy's in sight! It's ok, but occasionally I do miss a good frosty with fries.
Another cereal that I could use a huge bowl of! hmmm!
I feel like I don't need to say much about this one. If you have been there and are a fan then you feel my pain! ;) I miss it!
oh and last but certainly not least are cinnamon bears..pretty much anything cinnamon. I love them ,I love them. And even better are the chocolate covered ones from the BYU bookstore. These are a few of my favorite things....lalalala...Australia has some good stuff of their own that we have latched onto that I am sure we will miss it when we moved back to the US.
3 comments:
You and I are so alike. I {heart} all those things you mentioned! Sorry they are hard to come by in AU. Someday, when you're back in the states, you'll probably write a post about the things you miss from Australia!
Jules,
About the ranch...I am feeling the guilt of never sending you any and I am happy to hear that others have been more generous. You should have seen the forlorn look on Ryan's face when we discovered NO RANCH here either. We have found alternatives, but none so divine...
love you!
Curtis and I read your list tonight we believe we would miss a lot of those things too.
Post a Comment