Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

We are coming up on 9 months in Australia and there are several things and saying that we have come to really love. I have been trying to compile a list of Aussie terms that I like and find pretty funny. I will post it soon. The next couple of posts are dedicated to all of you who have been asking me to post about the difference here, the things we like, the things we miss and all that jazz. Here are a few things i like here.
G'day mate. Good on ya, and I reckon are among my favs. Like I said, the full list will be coming soon.

WE love Tim Tams...any flavor, but mainly the double coated chocolate ones.


I have developed a massive love for Thai food. They have Thai & Indian restaurants all over the place here. This is my favorite dish...Panang Chicken Curry with Rice. I could eat it every day. Maybe once a week we will feed the kids dinner, nibble on a few things to make the kids think we had dinner..put them to bed and order this dish to go and eat it on the couch while watching a show. I think they may be starting to catch on though.. :)

Maybe we have these at home but I don't think I ate them very often. Many people here have their own passion fruit vine in their backyard. They are delicious!

Hungry Jacks is like Burger King. They sell Whoppers and call them Whoppers. We love their 50 cent ice cream comes. hmmm....


Instead of Root beer we drink Ginger Beer. It is very tasty. We also like a drink called Lemon, Lime and Bitters. Come over for a visit and we will give you a swig! :)


We are getting used to wearing flip flops pretty much all year long! The weather is gorgeous here and we have quite enjoyed it!

We love the mountains. (you will see in my next post). We live about an hour from the beautiful Australian Blue Mountains. We are looking forward to some more exploring to see what else is around us.

We are realizing that our Christmases won't really look much like this for awhile.

Santa takes off his big fluffy suit and arrives in his swim suit and flip flops here.



Mooney looking like this is starting to look weird and we are getting used to our money looking more...


colorful! All in all we are enjoying our time here and are learning heaps!

5 comments:

Jenny Gardner said...

Love it! We've got to come for a visit at some point. When are you coming here, to have some hospitality kiwi style?

BTW, I share your obsession with all things yummy and Thai, completely!

Love the blog.

C Stevens said...

Do you really like Ginger beer? I had some at the Scottish fest in Payson - I was not a fan. I'm hoping yours is different.

Keli and Mike said...

I can't believe it's already been nine months! It's fun to see the differences of Australia and the US!

Emily said...

My Grandparents that served in Australia introduced us to a lot of those things--in fact we had a TimTam slam party this weekend--they are so good! My Nana also always says-"you pinched my possey!" Another funny thing is when my sister went to visit them she tried to play a digery-doo (however you spell that) and the man in the store explained that she was not allowed to do that and now she was impregnated with an alien baby! So watch out!

Kelli said...

How cool is that! What a fun adventure for your cute little family. I would love to go there some day.

I love your new blog design too! Super cute ;)