Warning: this is a p3 post!! PICTURE PACKED POST
When we moved to Australia we knew that were moving far, far, FAR away and we accepted the fact that we probably wouldn't be getting many visits. Well, the exact opposite has happened...we have had lots of visitors and we have loved it. Our latest visitors came from Texas. My sister Rebekah and her fam stayed with us for a week. We always have fun when they visit wherever we live. Our kids are similar in age and everyone has someone to play with.
We chilled in Sydney a few days. Here we are taking a break for lunch at McDonald's.
8 kids..8 and under
what a cute bunch
Jack's first time on the ferry. He was a trooper while we walked here there and everywhere around the city. We took the ferry out to Manly beach for a walk about.
At Circular Quay there were all sorts of stuff going on for the World Cup. They had a kids soccer clinic and the kids had fun learning from a few coaches for a half hour.
oops, probably not the best day to wear flip flops. :)
Everyone rugged up and ready to hit the town. Yeah, I get people starring at me with my FOUR kids...try EIGHT...:)
The kids had fun running up & down the stairs at the Opera House, counting each one. Lucy wanted to make the pic look artistic and sit on her own.
The kids put on a dance performance and wanted their hair spray painted. (I think Rex's scalp is still pink after 3 washes). Miss Liv working it. I think we listened to Justin Bieber(not totally sure how you spell his name) "Baby" at least a million and a half times.
Woohoo Grace
Adam getting down with it
Lil Lucy showing us all how flexible she is
Rex was a maniac..he was all over the place showing us some pretty tricky maneuvers
cute little Claire
Rex took this pic and I told him I would post it. Good job, buddy! A perfectly round sunbeam on my face..impressive. It also looks like I have Lucy in a choke hold. haha
We drove out to Clontarf beach just before the sun set and it was FREEZING so we let the kids play for half a second.
Except for Lucy who was perfectly content playing in the sand & refused to surrender the shovel and leave.
We hit a few parks while they were here. Parks & kids are always a hit.
Last but not least we went to the Blue Mountains. It was a gorgeous day and the view was incredible...chilly, but incredible.
Nothing is cheap in this country...EXCEPT for McDonald's ice cream cone. They are only $.50. It is pretty much the only thing here under a $1. Just kidding, but pretty close. :)
So, if you haven't guessed, we had a great time with family and were sad to see them leave, Poor Liv woke up all teary. We loved the time we had with them and are happy we got to show them around our hood. Thanks for the fun visit, Stewarts. ;)























4 comments:
I am so glad they got to come!! That is sisterly love to fly that far with kids!! (:
Looks like so much fun! Livie looks just like you in the picture where she is pulling the funny face, you have taught her well! Love and miss you!
What a fun time!!! I can't believe 8 kids under the age of 8 - wow!! I bet you got some crazy looks from people! Can't wait for our turn to visit and see the sites!
that was way fun. I remember when we were young you had a sister who looked like how you look now. Beautiful Family. Lisa
Post a Comment