We didn't have a lot of room when we were packing our bags getting ready to move here, so unfortunately I don't have a lot of old fam pics from my family and I have almost nothing from Jared's roots. (I need to see if I can get some sent to us.)
Anywho, my brother Rob sent me this gem of a pic. This was taken when I was 5...giving you a hint... you can probably guess who I am in the pic.
Yep, that is me with the fluffy umbrella.
I remember feeling so special and beautiful holding that umbrella. It was really fancy!
This is my fam...my ma, my pa, my 3 sistahs and my 5 bros. I am pretty sure my brothers felt pretty cool & manly wearing their awesome stashes.
When I was little this pic was hung downstairs above the organ (I can picture it in my head right now...we loved playing on the organ as kids and listening to my dad play). It was a classic pic. Let's talk about my the basement in my parents house. It is brown. Brownish carpet, brown panelling on the walls and brown groovy wallpaper on the wall in the hallway. A 70's heaven. (it is still that way today...it's home and I like it...except for the fact that you can't see spiders very well because they blend into everything...yikes)
So this pic was rustic and fit right in.
As I got older, the location of the portrait moved upstairs to the "cabin" area of my house. It is also a rustic, more modern room with lots of wood and a black wood burning stove which makes the room super toasty in the winter. Jared is an expert at crankin that thing up and getting a ferocious fire blazing in it.
So, I thought I would bring ya'll back to 1984ish for this weeks flashback Friday. I love looking back on old photos and remembering the fun, classic times. The 80's were the days!!

1 comment:
Love that picture... I remember my parents getting a family picture just like that when I was about five as well... so GORGEOUS!
Amanda ;)
Post a Comment