I celebrated my 29th birthday for about a week. We went to dinner with some friends on Tuesday night to celebrate my birthday. Then on Wed. the whole family went to lunch for my birthday. On Thursday the kids made me a strawberry shortcake and they showered me with drawings and love notes (my favorite!). After the kids were in bed Jared & I had Gandolpho subs and root beer from the bottle (also a favorite). So my real birthday was on Friday the 7th. That morning Lucy & I flew to Michigan to visit my parents on their mission. They are serving in the Michigan, Lansing mission. They are teaching Institute at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo. It was so neat to see them in action. We celebrated my birthday that night at a great Mongolian Barbecue place. It was great to experience a little piece of their mission.
Two of my sisters flew in to celebrate my mom's birthday. We had a fun time going to church with my parents. They attend a small student branch. The members were so nice and we had fun meeting all of the people that we have heard so much about. It was so neat to hear the students express their love for my parents and to see how much the students meant to my parents. Missions are amazing and I am so happy that they are having this opportunity.
We had fun exploring an Amish town called Shipshawana. We ate at an Amish restaurant which was AMAZING!! We also walked around part of the campus of Western Michigan University. It is a pretty city. It was a fun trip and very memorable. Jared was able to stay home with the Alivia and Rex and they of course loved having lots of Daddy time.
6 comments:
Looks like you had a fun trip! How was Lucy on the plane? That's exciting that she got a tooth. Both of Jamison's top teeth just came in and now he has started grinding them. Hope you had a great birthday!!
Keli
Happy Belated!!! Sounds like you had a AWESOME time!!!
What a great birthday! Happy late Birthday, my friend. I hope you have a great thirtieth year! (sounds a little old, doesn't it? Wait until you hit your fortieth year. Argh)
That sounds like a fun Birthday Week! I love all of the pictures of your time in Michigan with Mom and Dad. I bet it was so much fun to be with them and see their "stomping grounds"!
Just a note: everytime I think about cutting my hair, I look at your pictures on your blog and change my mind. You are so beautiful!
Happy Birthday! The 29th birthday is where all the birthday's stop . . . that is why most women are 29 for YEARS . . . :)
Post a Comment