

I have a collection of cute things the kids say. If I am at home I write it on my calendar but if I am away from home then I write it on whatever scrape of paper I have in my purse. So I thought now would be a good time to share a few of the cute things I have heard come out of their mouths lately.
Let me start off by saying that I love being a mom...I really do...but like many of you mamas know out there...it can hard! You try your best to teach your kids things that will help them be good people in life. You try to teach them manners, how to share, how to love each other, how to be confident and happy...and so on. It can be a little overwhelming. Then rarely ( I like to use that word because it makes me feel better.. haha) you have moments where your kids act out and throw a major fit and you feel like maybe the things you are teaching them are going in one ear and out the other. I know that isn't true all the time. I guess I am just grateful for the things that I am learning right now. I really do have good kids and I am grateful for that. I feel like I am in the thick of it all right now and it is something I have looked forward to since I was a little girl. These little cuties keep me on my toes & I love them.
So....on those days when I think I am going to pull my hair out...they will say something that make me laugh out loud and all is well again.
here are some of my personal favs....
Alivia: she was looking at my face and said these lovely words..."Mom, we reallllllly need to do something about your wrinkles by your eyes. Wrinkles are for grandmas and you are definitely not a grandma!!"
Thanks Liv...they aren't wrinkles, they are smile lines (wink, wink)
Alivia #2: After having our family prayer she turned to me and said,"Mom, I love life. People are the very best thing in all my life."
What a little sweetie she is!
Rex: the other day we were driving down the road having a conversation in the car and I asked Rex what he would like for his birthday coming up. He said,"ummmmm....maybe some drums that I can hear when I play them and not just on the TV. (he was referring to guitar hero). And...let's see...maybe my own GPS and an IPhone....wait, mom, what is an IPhone again? (I explained) Ohhhh, yeah that sounds cool."
That is a tall order little man!!
Rex #2: "My stomach has a headache."
Lucy: Whenever she wants to get her point across about anything she yells.."Yeah, my do!!" It is so funny and she says it even more if we laugh. Sorry Luc, you are just too cute!
All of the kids: The other night we had BBQed some chicken and the kids were asking what kind of chicken it was so I told then it was chicken breast. They asked what a breast was so I explained. They looked at each other, made a funny face and Liv said,"So we are eating chicken boobs?" Everyone roared with laughter....hahahaha it was pretty funny!
That is all for now folks...stay tuned for the next round of funny quotes by the Finch kids. :)
2 comments:
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! To this day my brother says "chicken boob"- as a result of a similar conversation at my house growing up!!! HAHA!!
Julie you just made my day! those are just precious! Get a little notebook to carry in your purse so those memories will always be there. Thanks for sharing and being so honest. I loved it!
Post a Comment