Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crazy Dust storm in Sydney




We woke up this morning to a crazy orange redish glow shinning into our rooms. I have never seen the sky this color. It was eerily beautiful. Our house smelled like dust and a huge pile was in our entry way. The wind was so ferocious that it came flying into our house through the gap under the door. Rex thought it was pretty awesome that the sky was red on his birthday! This is a picture ot the Sydney Harbour Bridge which is located about a 2 minute walk from Jared's office. Check out the article and photos below.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/ap_on_re_as/as_australia_dust_storm;_ylt=AkO3udoWv.HCuIHG..hQo7cDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTJzamU3dGc0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwOTIzL2FzX2F1c3RyYWxpYV9kdXN0X
3N0b3JtBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl9hcnRpY2xlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDc3lkbmV5ZHVzdHN0

3 comments:

Annie said...

That sky is CRAZY! I am sure even crazier in person!
Looks like REX is the happiest birthday boy around! No shortage of fun for the awesome Finch Family! :) I'm glad you guys are doing so well! Keep having fun!:)

Anonymous said...

My cousin told me about it, she's in Brisbane.

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

we have been seeing the newscasts about it. It looks crazy and they said it has been 70 years since anything close to this has happened there.