After we said all of our good byes in Utah, which is never easy to do mind you, we headed out California bound. Jared had Labor Day off so he used his parent's car and I drove my parent's car and we drove to Las Vegas. We spent one day and one night there, but it was fun. We swam and I went to some awesome outlets. Seriously I love it when I actually find a GOOD outlet. I wish I could have taken 20 suitcases home. :)
We said our goodbyes to Jared in Vegas. I had the 4 kids and we continued on to Fresno which was 6 more hours and Jared turned around and headed 6 hours back to Utah. Our drive took awhile because we hit all the Labor Day traffic. It took 3 hours to get to Barstow which should have taken 1 hour. The kids were incredibly good.
We finally rolled into my brother Jeff and sis in-law Ashley's house that evening. It was so good to see them and spend some time. {Above is at The Habit, a really delish burger joint} Apparently Jeff didn't know he was in the photo.
Jeff, Ash & Jamisen
This picture is hard to see, I took it on my phone. This was taken the night we arrived. An Elder that I served with on my mission, Anziano Behunin lives in Fresno and is good friends with Ashley's brother so Jeff & Ashley got to know him and his family. They invited them for dinner so it was fun to see him again and meet his family. He was a fun Elder to serve with. He is from Layton, Utah and he also knows my cousin who love there. Small world.
Fresno was HOT, so we had fun swimming at Ashley's parent's house.
The kids loved every minute of it.
These two boys are so dang cute together. They have their own conversations and everything.
That night we went to an awesome place that had the best tri-tip sandwiches. I am totally spacing the name of it right now, but trust me, it was so good!!
Jamo & Jack gave each other rides around the house...I can't handle the cuteness!
These pictures were on my phone, hence the fuzziness. Just before we left to head to my parent's house, we stopped at Ashley's dad's farm. We saw the grapes and the almond trees. Pretty cool!
I honestly had no idea almonds looked this way.
We left with about 5 of these...
Although our trip to see Jeff, Ash and Jamo was short, we loved every minute. They took great care of us and the kids loved spending cousin time with Jamisen. We miss being near family. Thanks J, A & J for all the fun!










1 comment:
Hey I haven't checked your blog in a little bit and I'm so glad I did! It's fun to see a recap of your big trip to the US! Thanks for the shout-out, we had a blast with you guys here! I'm sad you don't live closer so Jack and Jamo can play/bug each other all day! Miss and love you!
Post a Comment